Living for Happiness

Living for Happiness
Live a life that will make you feel great!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Hummus Recipes

I love hummus and with the restrictions of my diet it is one of the pleasures that is easy for me.   Here are a few places where I have found amazing recipes for hummus:

Hummus - A fairly basic recipe.  I tried a couple of recipes and this is my fav so far.  I did make one change to the recipe.  I used 3 tbsp tahini instead of the 1 1/2.

Sweet Potato Hummus -  from My New Roots Blog ( I love the lemon zest in this!)


Lemon Ginger Hummus* - Same recipe as the basic hummus, but add zest of a lemon  and 1" piece of ginger grated.


Artichoke Hummus* - Same recipe as the basic hummus
 - add 1 can artichoke hearts (14-16oz) (drained and rinsed)
 - extra 1/2 tbsp tahini
 - extra 1 tbsp olive oil
 - reduce lemon juice to 2 tbsp


* I haven't tried these yet, but I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment